Throughout my life I have seen health and disease, light and darkness, miracles and tragedies. Everything around us is in a constant state of flux; everything within us in a constant state of flux.
This movement is the constant interplay of two inseparable yet interdependent forces: Yin and Yang. Together they create balance and balance is what we must create in order to maintain optimal health and wellness. Take a moment to consider what health and wellness mean to you...is it just getting through the day without a headache or a pain somewhere in your body? Is it a proper blood pressure reading?
While there are many things out of control, there is much within our control and that is empowering.
For anything to stand the test of time, there must be a solid foundation. Here are 5 building blocks to achieving and maintaining your health:
1) Nutrition - a wholesome, natural, and seasonal diet that avoids excesses and chemical toxins; vitamins and herbal supplements to support you; a plentiful supply of fresh water
2) Exercise - a regular program that includes stretching, strengthening and aerobics lowers stress and promotes general relaxation and increased vitality
3) Sleep - an essential and healing aspect of your daily cycle, vital to recharging your "batteries" and to being productive and healthy
4) Stress Management – acupuncture, yoga and reiki all balance the flow of energy in the body; a balance of work and play includes outer and inner activities, learning to relax, and discover what you enjoy
5) Attitude - a basic approach to life that generates how you care for yourself and those around you, and influences the other four lifestyle categories
At a very young age my mother told me 'without one's health, one has nothing.' Our health is not only a blessing, but our foundation. When the foundation is solid, the possibilities are abounding.
To book an appointment with Sabrina or one of our other licensed acupuncturists, please call our Rockville, MD office at 301-610-7755 or book online at www.pullingdownthemoon.com
Sabrina Uy, CH, L.Ac.