Dr. Alice Domar’s 10-Week Mind/Body Training
Upcoming Virtual Sessions:
November 2020 (Dates To Be Determined By Registered Trainees)
(Note: you will need to create a Mind Body Online profile to register)
This 10-Week Mind/Body professional training program is based on Dr. Alice Domar’s internationally acclaimed research, and is designed to teach professionals methods that help their patients cope with the physical and emotional impact of infertility.
Participants must be health care professionals in a medical or mental health field with at least a master’s degree. They must have some familiarity with behavioral medicine or cognitive behavior therapy and some experience with running groups. Each training applicant must submit a CV for review to ensure professional qualifications. All trainings are done by Dr. Alice Domar.
About Your Instructor: Alice D. Domar, PhD is a pioneer in the application of mind/body medicine to women’s health issues. She not only established the first Mind/Body Center for Women’s Health, but also conducts ongoing ground-breaking research in the field. Her research focuses on the relationship between stress and different women’s health conditions, and creating innovative programs to help women decrease physical and psychological symptoms.
Dr. Domar received her M.A. and Ph.D. in Health Psychology from Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Ferkauf School of Professional Psychology of Yeshiva University. Her post-doctoral training was at Beth Israel Hospital, Deaconess Hospital, and Children’s Hospital, all in Boston.
She has conducted research on infertility, breast cancer, menopausal symptoms, ovarian cancer, and premenstrual syndrome. Dr. Domar has earned an international reputation as one of the country’s top women’s health experts.
- Training on all aspects of the Mind/Body Program for Infertility, including the assessment and discharge visits
- Marketing suggestions
- The provider’s manual
- A sample patient manual
- One relaxation audiotape or CD
- A copy of Dr. Alice Domar’s book, Healing Mind/Healthy Woman
Overview of training:
- How normal reproduction takes place
- What the typical work-up involves, both physically and psychologically
- All the common treatments, i.e., clomiphene, FSH, IUI, IVF, ICSI, PGD, etc.
- What they are and how it impacts the patient
- Psychological reactions to different stages of treatment
- Cognitive behavioral strategies
- Teaching relaxation techniques to patients
- Training in individual intakes
- Detailed explanation and training in each session of the ten-week program
- Training on the discharge evaluation
- All trainings are currently virtual. Contact Ali Domar for more information at: email@example.com