Nutrition Counseling for fertility, pregnancy and more!
Consultations are available in-person in the Chicago area and around the United States via phone or video call!
There is so much information about diet and nutrition out in the world that it can be difficult to know what to believe. Pulling Down the Moon’s Nutrition Coaching Sessions combine the latest in science-based nutrition with teachings and techniques from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and yoga. Your Pulling Down the Moon Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist can help you sort the facts from the myths and help you identify the top high impact behaviors changes to get results. Your Nutritionist will also be an accountability partner and will provide support, encouragement, ideas, and recipes to help you meet your goals.
We specialize in the following:
- Weight gain or weight loss to promote improved fertility
- Fertility friendly diet to promote conception
- Hormone-related conditions like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, endometriosis, PMS (premenstrual syndrome), and fibroids
- Using diet and supplements to improve egg and sperm quality
- Diet changes to manage IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Healthy and appropriate weight gain during pregnancy
- Exploration of food sensitivities or allergies with an elimination diet
- A “cleanse” diet that is safe and healthy
- Assistance with post-partum weight loss and ensuring optimal nutrition post-partum for mom and baby
- Breast cancer prevention
- Newly diagnosed breast cancer
Nutrition and Egg Quality: While age still matters, the thinking around egg quality has evolved over the last decade and a diagnosis of poor egg quality has the potential to change/improve. While no treatment has 100% success rate, holistic treatments like acupuncture, massage, yoga and nutrition counseling work to improve the environment eggs develop within by increasing blood flow, lowering hormonal disruption through stress management and improved sleep, and decreasing inflammation that can impair cell function.